Golf courses – water reservoirs
How to build a pond
A pool to match the surroundings. Yes, this will completely transform your garden!
The pond can become the most attractive part of your garden that will transform it from a place of relax and meditation into a place where you can get in touch with nature, watch and discover its beauty.
SELECTING A PLACE:
As an extension of terrace, in the middle of the lawn, near relax place, as you wish…
But keep the below points in mind.
- The area should be level.
- Minimum 6 hours of sunlight a day is required to keep biological balance in the pond. Avoid excessive darkness and sunlight which might result in heating of water harmful to fish.
- Do not place the pond near big trees as the leaves falling in autumn soil water.
- Avoid open spaces due to wind.
DIMENSIONS AND FORM:
PVC membrane enables you to select the shape of the pond:
You select the surroundings and shape, round and natural or geometrical and straight.
Avoid making the shape too complicated because this might make placement of sealing membrane too difficult.
- 2 fish require approx. 1 m2 of life space.
- Minimum depth of the pond is 60 cm. This ensures correct aeration of water in the summer and lets the fish live in winter.
- A single rhizome of a 2-year White Waterlily with leaves takes up approx 1 m2.
Basic rule: The bigger the pond, the better biological balance.